Matrix Visual Solutions- Nashville, TN
At Matrix Visual, our people are our greatest strength. We’re proud to have a diverse team of hard workers and self-motivators who flourish in an environment of personal autonomy, where professional growth is encouraged. We value our culture and diversity above all else, regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for. Titles and years of experience don’t matter to us – impact, authenticity, and values alignment do.
YOU ARE smart, resourceful, driven to succeed and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have people and process skills with the ability to inspire, manage, and develop others. You’re not afraid of trying new things or rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty. You embrace technology, keep an open mind, and understand how to lead change. You want to be an integral part of a team who makes an impact and drives your company forward.
The Operations Manager is pivotal leader in making sure ‘awesome’ goes out the door perfectly presented and on time.
This role will deliver the development and implementation of strategic operational plans as well as developing the most efficient processes to control the timely flow of incoming gear, production, storage, and shipment of audio/video equipment. This role is also responsible for ensuring all operations activities conform to Matrix standards in quality, while ensuring the very best health & safety practices
The Operations manager will oversee and manage all operational aspects of the location including safety, fulfillment, equipment preparation/quality control, local logistics/dispatch, shipping and receiving, Inventory control and client services/support. Will be responsible for the communication and final implementation of overall strategy and tasks to the relevant operational departments and managers within the location. Will serve as the primary point of contact between headquarters in CA, and local Nashville team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee asset management and allocation
- Maintain accurate inventory control.
- Create and implement policies and procedures to maximize accuracy and efficiency
- Work closely with CA Headquarters to coordinate upcoming jobs, and keep an open line of communication.
- Work closely with warehouse department leads to insure that deliveries and pickups are scheduled on-time and complete
- Oversee logistics lead responsible for arranging and monitoring all outbound and inbound shipping using outside shipping companies
- Daily meetings with warehouse department leads to insure proper allocation of gear and review completion of outbound and inbound orders
- Work closely with sales, project managers, accounting, branch office managers and customers to insure logistics and/or gear needs are met and accurate
- Institute Sales and Operating Planning (S&OP) meetings designed to improve demand planning
- Be available to provide 24 hour customer service when needed and occasional on-call availability
- Oversee special projects such as building maintenance or construction
- Work with logistics lead to insure proper vehicle maintenance, repairs and cleaning
- Provide constructive feedback and offer suggestions or solutions to inefficiencies and issues that should arise
- 5+ years in the LED industry.
- 5+ of operations management required
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of R2 Asset Management Software is a plus
- Strongly skilled in leadership, mentoring and developing people
- Structured and organized to define roles and responsibilities and to hold colleagues and departments accountable for KPI’s
Occasional night and weekend coverage is required as well as occasionally being on-call. Being on-call requires, at minimum, to be available by phone by way of direct contact or through our answering service to assist Matrix staff and/or customers with after-hours issues. This may also include reporting to the warehouse, if needed, to resolve the issue.